The 8th grade math students and several 7th graders are working on their Social Impact Projects. You are invited to get involved, either through attending events or donating items that are needed to complete the projects.
* Kookies for Kindness: To support the Rogers Animal Shelter, we selling cookies and donuts for a dollar each. This will be held before school in front of the building next week. Catch our great deal: Buy three, and you get to choose one for free! We are in need of any animal supplies, new or gently used, so please drop them off in our box in front of the office.
* Raffle for Riding: The charity raffle to benefit Horses for Healing will continue this Friday during all three lunches. Prizes include Airpods (2nd generation) and an Echodot. Tickets are $1 each, or 3 for $2 and 5 for $3,. Winners will be announced on Tuesday, April 23rd.
* Arkansas Children’s Hospital: Please help the patients at the Arkansas Children’s Northwest Hospital by donating new items on their Wish List. CLICK HERE FOR THE ONLINE WISH LIST! There is a donation box in the front lobby at Lincoln.
* Bottle Caps to Benches: We are collecting bottle caps that will be made into a bench for the school. Please save all types of bottle caps and deposit them in the collection box in the front lobby, or deliver them to room 205. Many types of plastic caps are accepted: medicine bottles, milk jugs, hair spray, deodorant, shampoo, drinks bottles, and more. See our box or flyer for more details.
* The DEB Project: We are collecting toiletry items to help foster families. Items include toothpaste, toilet paper, paper towels, toothbrushes, deodorant, and laundry detergent. We are not collecting clothes at this time. The donation box is in the front lobby.
* Cancer Champions: Do you want a specialized bracelet but don't know where to find one? Contact Clara Chambers today to receive your own personalized bracelet for a small fee. You can also sign up in the office. Proceeds will benefit the Children’s Hospital.
* Cookies for a Cause: Hey Lincoln! We will be accepting monetary donations for Horses for Healing's Scholarship Program! We will also be having a bake sale at various locations to help raise money for families who struggle with expenses. So donate baking items starting April 1st! Our box will be by the front office. Thank You!
* Bright Futures Food Drive to help children in need of snack pack support from now until April 5th. Please donate anything from your pantry shelf, like canned goods, heat-and-serve rice packets, beans, instant ramen noodles, laundry detergent, hygiene items, and more to create snack packs and help families. The box is located in the front lobby in front of Mrs. Harp’s desk.
Students are collecting donations of new and gently used equipment for baseball and softball players. Donations will benefit Lead for One. They are a non-profit organization that gives equipment to third-world countries so they can have baseball and softball leagues and earn money playing. The donation box is located in front of the office.
Come to the Little Theater on April 29th for a quartet orchestra performance benefiting to NWA Children's shelter at 4:30. Bring a needed item to get in. Some items include: kids’ toothpaste, pre-portioned snacks: pretzels, crackers, cookies and fruit snacks. A full list can be found on http://nwacs.org under needs.
Click here for the link to the event flyer: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1beXUv-ieWhffBnTC7UktTrasdhQx_Pl4RqkAGteVu1w/edit
Arkansas Children’s Hospital: Please help the patients at the Arkansas Children’s Northwest Hospital by donating new items on their Wish List. Please see the box in the lobby for an itemized list or click here: https://www.archildrens.org/media/file/FOS_ACNW_WishList_2018.pdf
All students that had Mrs. Becker or Mrs. Scott for FCSI, Nutrition & Wellness or Leadership & Service Learning this year are invited to attend a short presentation in the LLC during seminar on Wednesday, May 1st. Representatives from BHS FCCLA will be discussing the high school programs at both schools and will answer any questions. We encourage you all to attend.
Please see the Sign-Up Genius below for the 8th Grade Celebration. We have many areas of opportunity and would love to have your assistance for this fun-filled afternoon. May 17th from 1:35 to 3:35 pm we will be inviting the 8th graders out to the area by the gym on the south side of the school. We will have 2 large Inflatables, a DJ, Selfie Station, Yearbook Signing, and many other activities to participate in.
We sent an email on Thursday to all LJHS families with detailed needs, but we need volunteers to man the various stations and chaperone, help with snacks and concessions, help making posters and signs, backdrop/props for a selfie station, and donations of water bottles and Ring Pops. More details are also available on our Sign-Up Genius: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/4090945ABA62BA4FB6-8thgrade. Thank you!
8th graders can order a special class t-shirt by preorder only at the following website. It is open until May 5th! https://ljhs2023-19.itemorder.com
This year’s Teacher Appreciation week is May 6-10! Our them is You Lift Us UP and we have a fun-filled week planned for our hard working teachers. Please see the Sign-Up Genius below for Teacher Appreciation Week and let us know by signing up if you can help! Let’s send our teachers out for the school year with a great week!