Welcome! Online Kindergarten pre-registration will begin February 11th and will close on February 22nd. In the event of a school having too many students pre-registered for it, all students will have an equal chance of registering for that school. Selection is not done on a first-come, first-serve basis. For example, a student pre-registered on February 22nd will have the same chance as a student pre-registered on February 11th.
Kindergarten Online Pre-Registration for 2013-2014
Parents of Kindergarten students residing in the Bentonville School District with a student five (5) years of age on or before August 1st, 2013 may begin online registration at approximately 8:00 a.m. on Monday, February 11th through 3:00 p.m. Friday, February 22nd, 2013. If you choose to waive kindergarten enrollment for the 2013-2014 school year, please complete and submit a Kindergarten Waiver which you may download (see download files at the end of this article).
The online registration is a pre-registration only, and students will not be considered enrolled until parents provide the required information listed below to the student's assigned school. NOTE: Final registration for pre-registered kindergarten students will be March 6th from 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m., March 7th from 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. and March 8th from 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 Noon. All kindergarten students who are not pre-registered can do walk-in enrollment beginning on March 11th at the school they are zoned for during regular school hours. To prepare for the enrollment process parents should begin collecting documents for proof of residency, secure the child's Social Security Card, obtain a copy of the child's birth certificate, and begin scheduling appointments for physical examinations and immunizations. All of these items are required and must be presented to the assigned Elementary School before the child is considered a fully enrolled Kindergarten student for the 2013-2014 school year:
1. * Proof of residency (one of the following will suffice):
- Current real-estate property tax receipt and a current utility bill showing parent's name and address
- Rent or lease agreement and a current utility bill showing parent's name and address
- Copies of current utility bills from two different utilities showing parent's name and address
* If the parent does not have one of the above listed items, they must come to the Administration Office at 500 Tiger Blvd. in Bentonville, with documented proof that they reside in the Bentonville School District. Based on the documents provided, the District Office will provide the necessary paperwork to complete the enrollment process.
2. A copy of the child's birth certificate
3. A copy of the child's Social Security Card
4. An up-to-date immunization record. The following immunizations are required:
- A minimum of four (4) doses of (DTaP/DTP/DT/Td/Tdap) with at least one dose administered on/after the child's 4th birthday.
- A minimum of three (3) doses of (OPV/IPV) with the last dose administered on/after the child's 4th birthday. (A child, who has received 4 or more doses of polio vaccine, does not have to receive a dose of polio vaccine after their 4th birthday.)
- Two (2) doses of (M/MR/MMR- Measles) with the first dose on/after the child's 1st birthday and the second dose at least 28 days after the first dose and prior to the child entering Kindergarten.
- Three (3) doses of Hepatitis B prior to the child entering Kindergarten.
- Two (2) doses of (Varicella-Chickenpox) with the first dose on/after the child's 1st birthday and the second dose at least 28 days after the first dose and prior to the child entering Kindergarten.
IMMUNIZATIONS LISTED ABOVE MUST BE COMPLETE BY AUGUST 1, 2013 FOR A CHILD TO BE ASSIGNED TO A KINDERGARTEN CLASS.
5. A current physical examination (within the last 24 months)
A CURRENT PHYSICAL EXAMINATION MUST BE ON FILE AT THE STUDENT'S SCHOOL BY AUGUST 1, 2013 FOR THE CHILD TO BE ASSIGNED TO A KINDERGARTEN CLASS.
Kindergarten sections in Non-Traditional schools are limited. Pre-registration for Non-Traditional schools does not guarantee a student a class placement in that school. If requests are greater than the number of seats available in the Non-Traditional school then a lottery will be used to assign students.
This website may assist in preparing your child for kindergarten:
Arkansas Department of Human Services Kindergarten Readiness
To access the Online Pre-Registration Application, please click here. Please go to your zoned school on March 6th, 7th or 8th to complete enrollment of your child into kindergarten.
**for ESL (English as a Second Language) help, please review the attachment below**