Are you new to the area? Will your student start kindergarten in the fall? If you haven't enrolled yet here is the information to get you started. We are here during the summer for open enrollment so don't wait until the last minute to register.
Bentonville Public Schools open enrollment for the 2012-2013 school year for all grade levels, Kindergarten through 12, will begin at each school building on Monday, May 7th. Enrollment will continue at each school building through Tuesday, June 5th.
Beginning Wednesday, June 6, 2012 through Friday, July 20, 2012, parents of K-8th grades may come to Bentonville Public Schools Administration Building located at 500 Tiger Boulevard to obtain an enrollment packet and enrollment information. Beginning Monday, July 23rd enrollment will resume back at each school site.
BHS 9th – 12th grades will be conducting registrations Monday-Friday from 8:00 am-11:00 am.
June 18th-June 29th, BHS will be transitioning to a new system and will not be able to do registrations.
Registrations will resume on July 2nd from 8:00 am- 11:00 am.
While the school buildings are open for enrollment, parents may enroll their student(s) at their assigned buildings Monday through Thursday. Grades K - 6 may enroll from 8:00 a.m. until 3:00 p.m., and grades 7 and 8 may enroll from 8:45 a.m. until 3:00 p.m. Students who will be in grades 9 - 12, may enroll at Bentonville High School from 8:00 a.m. until 11:00 a.m.
To prepare for the enrollment process parents should begin collecting documents for proof of residency, secure the child's Social Security Card, obtain a copy of the child's birth certificate, and begin scheduling appointments for physical examinations and immunizations. All of these items are required and must be presented to the assigned school before the child is considered a fully enrolled student for the 2012-2013 school year:
1. * Proof of residency (one of the following items):
- Current real-estate property tax receipt and a current utility bill showing parent’s name and address
- Rent or lease agreement and a current utility bill showing parent’s name and address
- Copies of current utility bills from two different utilities showing parent's name and address
*If the parent does not have one of the above listed items, they must come to the Administration Office at 500 Tiger Blvd. in Bentonville, with documented proof that they reside in the Bentonville School District. Based on the documents provided, the District Office will provide the necessary paperwork to complete the enrollment process.
2. Copy of the child's birth certificate
3. Copy of the child's Social Security Card
4. Up-to-date immunization record. The following immunizations are required:
- A minimum of 4 doses of DTaP/DTP/DT/Td with at least one dose administered on or after the child's 4th birthday.
- A minimum of 3 doses of OPV/IPV, with the last dose administered on/after child's 4th birthday. ( A child who has received 4 or more does of poliovaccine, does not have to receive a dose of polio vaccine after the 4th birthday.)
- Two (2) doses of (M/MR/MMR- Measles) with the first dose on/after the child's 1st birthday and the second dose at least 28 days after the first dose and prior to the child entering Kindergarten.
- Three (3) doses of Hepatitis B before entering Kindergarten.
- Two (2) doses of (Varicella-Chickenpox) with the first dose on/after the child's 1st birthday and the second dose at least 28 days after the first dose and prior to the child entering Kindergarten.
IMMUNIZATIONS LISTED ABOVE MUST BE COMPLETE BY AUGUST 1, 2012 FOR A CHILD TO BE ASSIGNED TO A KINDERGARTEN CLASS.
5. A current physical examination (within the last 24 months)
A CURRENT PHYSICAL EXAMINATION MUST BE ON FILE AT THE STUDENT'S SCHOOL BY AUGUST 1, 2012 FOR THE CHILD TO BE ASSIGNED TO A KINDERGARTEN CLASS.
Kindergarten sections in Non-Traditional schools are limited. Pre-registration for Non-Traditional schools does not guarantee a student a class placement in that school. If requests are greater than the number of classes available in the Non-Traditional school, then a lottery will be used to assign students.
This website may assist in preparing your child for kindergarten: Arkansas Department of Human ServicesKindergarten Readiness