|AESOP and Substitute Coordinator||Elana Goodwin||(479) 254-5018|
Substitute teachers have a very important role in educating our students. Bentonville Public Schools is seeking highly qualified candidates to contribute to our focus on students by substituting in our schools. Substitutes must commit to substituting at least 5 days per calendar month, and a large number of substitutes sub daily. Please review the following information regarding substitute teaching opportunities.
2012-2013 School Year Substitute Teaching Application and Selection Process:
- Applications for substitute teaching are no longer being accepted, the interviewing process has concluded for the Spring Semester 2013.
- After you have submitted your application online, the Substitute Teacher Coordinator will contact you if additional information is needed or if an interview with you is requested.
- All applicants must have prior experience working with students in a classroom setting.
Daily Rate of Pay:
The daily rate of pay for substitute teachers will be according to the following schedule:
|* Degree (4 Year)||$73|
* College transcript submitted to the District
** College transcript and current teacher certificate submitted to the District.
Long-term Rate of Pay:
Long-term rate of pay for a certified position, which will be more than 10 consecutive days.
|Degree (4 Year)||$85|
|Certified (any field)||$130|
|Certified (assignment field)||
Long-term rate of pay for a classified position, which will be more than 10 consecutive days is $85.
Note: Long-term substitutes are expected to attend building staff meetings.
Orientation and Training:
After being hired through the interview process, all substitute teachers are required to attend the district orientation and training session in order to become activated in the substitute system. The following topics will be covered during the session:
- District policies and procedures
- Substitute teacher expectations
- Training on the automated subfinder system, AESOP
- Technology Training
Noncertified substitute teachers will also be required to complete the Utah State Substitute Training by attending an additional non-paid 1 day training workshop.