Press CenterInclement Weather Policy
Inclement Weather Policy: What to expect when the weather outside is frightful...
- Decisions regarding school closings are made by 5:45 a.m. Local radio and television stations will be informed of school closings by that time. In addition this information will be posted on the district's Web site bentonvillek12.org, as well as the district's Facebook page. Users who have subscribed to the district's SMS alert service will also receive a text message regarding closings.Parents and students may call (479) 254-5000 for an automated message regarding cancellations.
- In the event of a school closing, all extra-curricular activities, meetings, etc. are canceled for that day as well.
- Adventure Club and Building Bridges will be open during the inclement weather, from 7 a.m. -5 p.m. All Adventure Club students will be at Thomas Jefferson Elementary and will need to bring a well-balanced sack lunch. Building Bridges will be located at Wildcat Way.
- We will never start school late because of inclement weather.
- It is our goal to dismiss school at the regular time if at all possible. We understand that early dismissals cause disruption for parents and students as well as the educational merit of the school day.
If for safety reasons we must dismiss school early, it is important for you and your children to have a "Plan B" in place ahead of time. Your children need to know where to go after school, how to get in the house if they are going home alone and have a pre-established plan for communicating with you that they have safely arrived. We will do our best to transport the students safely and in a timely manner.
Bentonville High School | 1801 SE J Street | Bentonville, AR 72712 | Phone: 479.254.5100 | Fax: 479.271.1184